As part of our commitment to ethical investment, Pathfinder is a signatory to the UN Principles of Responsible Investment (UNPRI).
These are six investment principles for incorporating environmental, social and governance issues into investment practice, which were developed in a process convened by the United Nations Secretary-General.
The UNPRI encourages investors to use responsible investment to enhance returns and better manage risks. They are intended to contribute toward creating more sustainable markets and a more prosperous world for all.
The six principles are:
- To incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes;
- To be an active owner and to incorporate ESG issues into Pathfinder's ownership policies and practices;
- To seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by the entities in which Pathfinder invests;
- To promote acceptance and implementation of the principles within the investment industry;
- To work with the PRI Secretariat and other signatories to enhance their effectiveness in implementing the Principles of Responsible Investment;
- To report on Pathfinder's activities and progress towards implementing the Principles of Responsible Investment.
On our most recent UNPRI scoring (2020) we were awarded A+ for “strategy and governance” and A for “direct and active ownership”. Our full UNPRI report is available here. We are awaiting UNPRI to provide us with the results of our 2021 scoring review.
We see the UNPRI as a good starting point on our mission to generate individual wealth and collective well-being – although these principles alone do not go far enough. Our Ethical Investment Policy includes the six UNPRI principles and also the United Nation’s Sustainable Development Goals in our ethical investment framework.